The Style offered on this listing here is: Nkrb4327:
• 2 x 2 Knit Construction: 3mm Ribs Thickness Width
• Offered as Fabric 100cms wide & Rib Strip Welts 90x18cms(9+9cms)
• 26 Colours
• Cut and Sew or Use Welts Strips with Centre fold line as Waistbands and Cuffs
• Composition:100%Acrylic Open Width:100cms Wide
• This quality is the only one offered as Fabric and Rib Welts, perfect for Making cut and sew Garments
The Nkrb4326 Rib is a family of a Trio of Classic ribbing we offer: This one is our medium Thickness Rib, The Ribs are 3mm wide (see the picture of Trio Comparison). If you want a more chunkier and thicker look, then view our Nkrb7442 Style, which is the thickest we do with 4mm Ribs width. It’s a 7 Gauge Knit.
Both are 100% Acrylic, so they have a really soft handle but unlike the Performance rib Nkrb4326, which has a polyester content, the 2 Chunkier ribs must be hand washed and flat dried to maintain shape, They have less spring back than the one with a polyester mix, but these chunkier ribs are for different use and look.
We have 3 Great 2 x1 Ribbed Fabrics in this collection, Each with a different Thickness, Look and Function.
(see separate listings: CLICK HERE for: nkrb4326 and CLICK HERE for: nkrb7442) The Nkrb4326 is for performance, to be used where spring back and shape retention is important, so ideal for TRIMMING for Cuffing, Welt Waistbands and Neckbands. The polyester acts like a lycra effect.
The nkrb7442 Style is our Chunkiest thick Rib we offer with a 4mm with rib. Its softer in feel as they are 100% Acrylic, but less resilient than the one with Polyester mix. This rib is ideal where the look and voluminous is important, but remember they need to washed by hand and shaped flat for drying.
The use of each is for buyers to see its use, function, handle and look.
We suggest you buy sample of each.
(note: the ribs strips are not offered as a sample, but the construction is same as the fabric)
• 100% Acrylic rib will give a much softer handle, but the inherent quality of the material is that Acrylic will not spring back or be resilient as much as the fabric that’s combined with polyester. However, buyers want to feel over performance in some cases and also the more chunkier the ribs are they will have their own strength and body to compensate for the lack of polyester. 100% Acrylic rib fabrics need more care; It just means they need to be washed by hand and dried FLAT and SHAPING them to retain the structure of the rib.
This is normal for any 100% acrylic garment to maintain its look and shape.
People often get put off by the word acrylic; but it’s a myth: The yarn is the most widely used fibre as its economical, and its feel is GREAT! Soft and no itchiness or hairiness about it. It’s also a yarn abundantly available as stock service in loads of colours.
Uses: Main body fabrics wanting a ribbed look and shaped features for fit; trimming parts of garment, Great for coats and jacket accessories and of course crafts. Great For Hats!
View our shop before checkout to see the most exclusive and extensive collection of Ribbons, Indian Trimmings collection, Garment accessories and our UK made RIB fabrics and Knitted Jerseys.
WHOLESALE ENQUIRIES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Neotrims is a major supplier of Fashion Garment Accessories & Trims to all major High street Chains. Our offices are in China and India, with the Knitting Plant based in Leicester, UK. If you want to buy Bulk/ wholesale, your enquires are welcome and should be mailed to us via “contact us”.
|MPN: nkrb4327||Brand: Neotrims|
|Condition: New||Weight: 1 meter = 455grams|
|Type: Knit Rib Fabric||Sub Type: Cuffing, Waistband|
|Occasion: Any||Care Instructions: Easy Care|
|Suitable For: Trimming, Edging a Garment, Waistbands, Cuffs||Pattern: Solid|
|Width: 39″ (100cm)||Features: Chunkier Thick appearance|
|Material: Acrylic||Theme: Clothing|